Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Fat-free Curry Salad Dressing

Yes Olivia, this is the recipe.

Hands down, my favorite salad dressing. Unlike store-bought dressings, this doesn't languish in the door of my fridge until well past its expiration date. No, this has to be made fresh a LOT because once made, I suddenly have an irrepressible urge to have lots and lots of salad.

*Shamelessly stolen from an Allrecipes post, but in my defense, I have adopted this to many more uses than just topping salads.

2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
4 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon curry powder
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Salt, pepper to taste

This is terrific on romaine, spinach, or Boston bibb. My favorite use of this salad dressing is as a base for a curry chicken pizza.

Serving size: 1 tablespoon
Number of servings:  I'm going to say about 8?
KCal:  81
Fat: 1g  Saturated fat: 0g
Carbs: 18g  Dietary fiber: 2g (not sure I believe this)
Protein: 1g (or this!)
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 2

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome. Feedback on recipes appreciated.